To apply to the Syracuse Educational Opportunity Center, please review the Required Documentation Checklist (see below).
Bring all required original documentation in person to the SEOC Admissions Office for review and processing.*
You can APPLY ONLINE. When applying online you will be leaving the SEOC website and going to the SUNY University Center for Academic & Workforce Development Student Academic Records System (STARS) to apply for admissions. You will create a LOGIN ID and PIN. After logging in, please make sure to click on the link that says Syracuse Educational Opportunity Center.
Also needed if you APPLY ONLINE, will be this Supplemental Information Sheet. Please print out and bring with you to the SEOC.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION CHECKLIST
Proof of Income**
Consists of one of the following:
- Tax Transcript from IRS, visit or call 1-800-829-1040
- 1040/1040A or 1040EZ Tax Return for Current or Prior Year (wages statements and pay stubs will not be accepted)
- Parents 1040/1040A or 1040EZ (if claimed as dependent)
- Public Assistance Current Budget Sheet
- Verification of Income Received from Social Security, Unemployment, Disability or Supplemental Security Income for 2010
- Worker Compensation Award Letter with Term of Disability
- Ward of the State – Letter from Agency
- Release Papers from Incarceration with Date of Discharge
- Homlessor Youth Shelter – Letter from Agency
Proof of (one year) New York State Residency**
For example, this may consist of one of the following:
- NYS Driver License, or NYS Non-Driver Identification Card
- NYS Motor Vehicle Registration
- Valid Passport with Address
- PA/FS Card with Picture
if you are not a citizen of the United States:
PLEASE DO NOT MAIL OR FAX ANY DOCUMENTATION.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
*Additional documentation may be necessary after review. Please check your program of interest page for further information.
**Please note: If the applicant’s specific situation is not addressed, contact the SEOC Admissions Office at (315) 472-0130.
A Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Exam OR a Complete Language Assessment System-English (CLAS-E) Exam must be taken for entry to all programs.
For additional information about applying to any of our programs, click here to go to Programs.