This program is designed to help speakers of other languages be better prepared to enter the workplace, function successfully in American society, and/or continue their education at the SEOC or at another American school or college. Daytime and evening courses are currently offered.
ESL coursework focuses on the following:
- Reading and Writing
- Vocabulary Development
- Conversation Skills
- Citizenship Preparation
ESL – English as a Second Language Program
DOCUMENTATION CHECKLIST & PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Bring all required original documentation in person to the SEOC Admissions Office for review and processing.*
- All prospective students are required to provide documentation showing they have been a New York State Resident for at least a year
- Photo IDs: NYS Driver's License, Permanent Resident Card, I-94, Green Card or Passport (other IDs may be accepted at time of application)
- Income Documentation (Examples: IRS Form 1040 for Current or Prior Year, Unemployment Benefit Statement, SSI/SSD Award Letter, PA/FS Budget Sheet, etc.)
- Other items may be required depending on citizenship, age, etc.
- A supplemental application must be completed at the time of documentation review
Admission Requirements (to be scheduled at a later date)
- Must pass ESL CLAS-E Placement Exam
- Attend a Program Orientation
*Additional documentation may be necessary after review.
Upon successful completion of the program all graduates are expected to obtain employment or continue their education. The EOC will provide job or college placement assistance to its graduates.