This program is designed to prepare students to take the General Educational Development (GED) exam in order to better qualify for jobs, gain promotions, or pursue higher education and personal goals.
- Concepts in Science
- Social Studies
- Financial Literacy
GED Preparation Program
DOCUMENTATION CHECKLIST & PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Bring all required original documentation in person to the SEOC Admissions Office for review and processing.*
- All prospective students are required to provide a Photo ID with a New York Address
- Income Documentation (Examples: IRS Form 1040 for Current or Prior Year, Unemployment Benefit Statement, SSI/SSD Award Letter, PA/FS Budget Sheet, etc.)
- Other items may be required depending on citizenship, age, etc.
Admission Requirements (to be scheduled at a later date)
- Minimum Reading Score of 5.1 on TABE Entrance Exam
- Attend a Week-Long Program Orientation
*Additional documentation may be necessary after review.
Upon successful completion of the program all graduates are expected to obtain employment or continue their education. The EOC will provide job or college placement assistance to its graduates.