This program is designed to prepare students to take the new New York State High School Equivalency(HSE) test called Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC). The program provides students with the academic knowledge and skills needed to take the exam while also developing essential critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Social Studies
- Financial Literacy
HSE (TASC) Preparation Program
DOCUMENTATION CHECKLIST & PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Bring all required original documentation in person to the SEOC Admissions Office for review and processing.*
- All prospective students are required to provide a Photo ID with a New York Address
- Income Documentation (Examples: IRS Form 1040 for Current or Prior Year, Unemployment Benefit Statement, SSI/SSD Award Letter, PA/FS Budget Sheet, etc.)
- Other items may be required depending on citizenship, age, etc.
- A supplemental application must be completed at the time of documentation review
Admission Requirements (to be scheduled at a later date)
- Minimum Reading Score of 7.0 on TABE Entrance Exam
- Minimum Math Score of 6.0 on TABE Entrance Exam
- Attend a Week-Long Program Orientation
- Meet with program counselor
*Additional documentation may be necessary after review.
Upon successful completion of the program all graduates are expected to obtain employment or continue their education. The EOC will provide job or college placement assistance to its graduates.