The Business Office & Technology (BOT) Program is a 10-week program designed to prepare students to enter and compete in today’s competitive and ever-changing workplace.
Interactive instruction and practical experience in the areas of computer applications, business communications, information management and customer service will equip students with the knowledge, skills and personal abilities needed in a variety of business office settings and positions.
This program leads to a certificate and graduates are well prepared for employment in positions such as administrative assistants, clerk specialists, customer service representatives, member services representatives, receptionists, retail sales associates and secretaries.
Course content to include
- computer applications
- customer service skills
- business communications
- information management
BOT – Business Office & Technology Program
DOCUMENTATION CHECKLIST & PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Bring all required original documentation in person to the SEOC Admissions Office for review and processing.*
- All prospective students are required to provide a Photo ID with a New York Address
- Income Documentation (Examples: IRS Form 1040 for Current or Prior Year, Unemployment Benefit Statement, SSI/SSD Award Letter, PA/FS Budget Sheet, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED or High School Equivalency Diploma
- Other items may be required depending on citizenship, age, etc.
- A supplemental application must be completed at the time of documentation review
Admission Requirements (to be scheduled at a later date)
Additional documentation may be necessary after review.
- Minimum Reading Score of 9.0 on TABE Entrance Exam
- Attend a Program Orientation
- Two  Professional References
- Interview with Program Counselor
Upon successful completion of the program all graduates are expected to obtain employment. The EOC will provide job placement assistance to its graduates.