This program is a basic course in CPT/ICD-9 coding and insurance processing utilizing industry-standard billing software. The healthcare industry currently has a high demand for qualified, well-trained individuals.
Course topics include:
- Basic Anatomy
- Fraud and Abuse Issues
- Computerized Billing
This 15-week program is offered in the evening, with sessions starting in September and January. Seating is limited.
Medical Billing & Coding Program
DOCUMENTATION CHECKLIST & PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Bring all required original documentation in person to the SEOC Admissions Office for review and processing.*
- All prospective students are required to provide a Photo ID with a New York Address
- Income Documentation (Examples: IRS Form 1040 for Current or Prior Year, Unemployment Benefit Statement, SSI/SSD Award Letter, PA/FS Budget Sheet, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED or High School Equivalency Diploma
- Other items may be required depending on citizenship, age, etc.
- A supplemental application must be completed at the time of documentation review
Admission Requirements (to be scheduled at a later date)
- Minimum Reading Score of 8.1 on TABE Entrance Exam
- Attend a Program Orientation
- Must Pass a Timed Keyboarding Exam with a Minimum of 15 WPM
- Two  Professional References
- Interview with Program Counselor
*Additional documentation may be necessary after review.
Upon successful completion of the program all graduates are expected to obtain employment. The EOC will provide job placement assistance to its graduates.