Taking the GED Test
Taking the GED®/HSE Tests
When taking the GED exam at Syracuse EOC A MASK MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES
Individuals are eligible to take the New York State (NYS) High School Equivalency (HSE) Exam if:
- They do not currently possess a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma in the United States or its territories;
- Have resided in NYS for at least thirty days; and
- Meet age eligibility criteria as delineated in the NYS Education Department’s (NYSED) Commissioner’s Regulations.
The required age eligibility form for test takers under age 19 can be found within the GED registration system, on GED® Homepage and select NYS.
- Create an account on GED.com
- Complete the application process
- Sign up to take an exam at SUNY Syracuse EOC
A listing for each county where the HSE/GED® test centers are located, when the tests are given and where a HSE/GED® Test Preparation Program can be found in your area
New York State GED® examinees seeking accommodations should self-register a GED® account through GED.com, prior to applying for accommodations approval. Please visit the FAQs page for GED® Test Accommodations webpage for general information and applying.
If you have any further questions, please contact Syracuse EOC at firstname.lastname@example.org